Tuesday, March 15, 2011

New Recipes!

In my 2/15/11 post, I mentioned Hungry Girl.  I've been receiving her emails for several years and really enjoy her tips and swaps.  She now has a show on the Cooking Channel.   Tonight, I made 2 different recipes (complete recipes can be found HERE)... 


181 cal, 3.5 fat, 2 fiber
This recipe is VERY simple.  It's 1 can of pure pumpkin (I used Libby's) and 1 box of devil's food cake mix - nothing else.
I HATE pumpkin.  I know that hate is a strong word but ,seriously, I couldn't even deal with the smell/texture when I opened the can.  I was really afraid that these would taste like pumpkin, the batter kind of did.  BUT, THEY DIDN'T AT ALL!  I was pleasantly surprised.  

Very, very good.  I'm snacking on some right now actually.

 I bought one of Hungry Girl's books about a year ago and had bookmarked several recipes but had not tried to make any until now.  After seeing how easy they are to make on her show, I decided it was time to try some.  I'm looking forward to making more (and sharing pictures, of course)!!

1 comment:

  1. You can also use a low-fat (sugar free) brownie mix and then drain/rinse black beans and puree them and then mix them with the mix and bake. that's it! my mom likes them. I haven't tried them.

    (Try pumpkin with a spiced or carrot cake!)

    ReplyDelete